Saturday 10 June 2017

Result for the Populist Party in Lewisham West and Penge
I received 50 votes.
The seat went to Labour once more with a majority of 23,162
Labour's total vote was 35,411 66.6 % (+16.0% on last time)
I wish to thank all those who voted for me as well as my signatories who gave me the opportunity to put the party's case. I'd also like to give special thanks to those within the Populist Party who leafleted, often in hot or wet conditions, to provide me with the extra 40 above the ten signatories.
This will be the last time this seat is contested, for it will divided 3 ways (mainly between Peckham and Beckenham at the next election). I am pleased that it was a fairly fought election with no acrimony or aggression from the opposition, and that I was treated with courtesy at the count itself.
Thanks to all,
Russell

2 comments:

  1. sorry you didn't get elected I live in Romford north of the Thames a strong tory area this Country so needs a real alternative to LIBLABCONGREENSNPUKIP EUTRUTH.ORG.UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam,

      The party is growing though. We now have a branch in Sunderland. They are solid campaigners.

      Delete